This time this is a problem with Sony Ericsson’s service center. Here are the sequence of events:
1. I accidentally dropped my sony ericsson neo V phone. (from about a meter height)
2. The touch screen stopped working.
3. I took it to the service centre and was told it needed a new touch screen.
4. I asked about warranty and was told, since it is physical damage it is not covered.*
5. Asked for a quote i was told it would be Rs. 4000.
6. I agreed, removed my SIM card and memory card and gave the phone to them.
7. I got back a work order SE312CO110934
8. I was told it would be done in 2 weeks(All of these on July 23rd 2012 ) and they will let me know.
9. I come back switch to my old phone(which is luckily functioning) and forget about it for some time.
10. I call back the service center on 9th August 2012(note more than two weeks already). And i am told it is not fixed yet, but will be by that weekend.
11. I skip that weekend because i was busy and can’t make it next saturday either . since that monday is also a holiday i take half a day off from my office and go on Tuesday(today, 21 – August-2012).
12 . They tell me it is not done yet, because they could not get the spare parts. It’s almost a month. Am told to complain to the number given in the work order. Am also told they will call me back once it’s done. Damn it.
I rest my case…
I write this post and send an email with a link and SR number.
I finally get a call saying my mobile phone is ready. It has been fixed and i can pick it up.
*– I found it a bad condition on it’s own. I can understand above some level of physical damage. but seriously you don’t think your phones can survive even an accidental drop from a workplace table??